Rental Scale-Up has just released an exclusive report on investment trends in the short-term rental industry. They looked at 110 deals from 2021 and recent moves in 2022 to uncover how smaller industry players, from property management companies to tech firms, have also been able to raise money. Join the live presentation (free to attend) on Wednesday, February 23, at 11 am EST / 5 PM Central European Time. In the last few weeks, several deals of note have met hit the headlines, from AvantStay ($500m short-term rental fund) to Operto ($13 m), Evolve ($100m) to Plum Guide ($31m). Yet, investors are also active with pre-seed, seed, and series A, B and C fundraising rounds that sometimes do not make it to the press.
New investment deals in the short-term rental industry in February 2022
- Luxury vacation rental booking platform Plum Guide announced that it has extended its Series B funding round to raise a total of USD31m.
- Hospitality software provider Operto Guest Technologies has $12 million in Series A funding to fuel its geographic expansion plans and shift into serving hotels..
- Vacation rental management and platform company Evolve has announced a $100 million capital raise led by new investor Durable Capital Partners LP
- Vaation rental management company AvantStay, specilazing in group travel, has created a $500 million short-term rental fund to help acquire properties
Yet, not all deals are huge. From pre-seed to series A and B, money is flowing in too
- The size of the average fundraising rounds, from pre-seed to series B
- In which corners and company types the money has been flowing in.