Whether you’re new to Airbnb investing or you want to take your business to the next level, James Svetec is the Airbnb expert to speak to about every aspect of short-term rental investing.
Who is James Svetec?
From property manager to Airbnb expert, James Svetec is the owner of LearnAirBnB and one of the co-authors behind Airbnb For Dummies. He’s spent the last seven years teaching people how to make money on the platform, with his work gaining the trust of major clients, including Robert Kiyosaki, author of Rich Dad Poor Dad. From creating cash flow on your investments to identifying profitable markets, James’s comprehensive program is designed to help your business get the best returns.
Let’s talk Airbnb investing
Thibault Masson, Rental Scale-Up founder, caught up with James on his short term rental market predictions for 2022 onwards before sharing the common investing misconceptions all property managers need to know.
- In 2022, James chooses to invest in rural, cottage orientated markets located two to three hours from major metropolitan cities. James sees many others opt for similar markets. Partly caused by a pandemic induced domestic travel boom, but also because these properties tend to be less expensive long term.
- Rural properties can also make significantly better returns when compared to downtown areas constantly battling inflation and primary home demands.
- If you choose to invest in rural areas, there’s less competition so the prices aren’t as inflated but the properties can still generate high income as short-term rentals.
- While longer-term rentals offer value appreciation over time, you’re delaying access to cash flow. As short term rentals are driven by market influences, your appreciation is less in your control but the main driver of short term rental returns is the cash flow.
- When it comes to property analysis, some investors see short-term rentals as unpredictable or risky. However, the rent fluctuations are based on highly predictable seasonal patterns.
- Guesstimating numbers based on what investors see doing well on Airbnb offers margin for error. Instead, James recommends going to AirDNA to analyze properties and make investment decisions diligently and safely.
How to get started with Airbnb investing
If you’re interested in learning more from James, check out his official BNB Mastery Program or head to Bnb Inner Circle for free insights and training on everything from de-risking to maximizing ROI.