Rental Scale-Up is very proud to be the official media sponsor to the Vacation Rental World Summit 2020 (VRWS 2020). As organizers of online conferences ourselves, we have some experience in assessing the quality of an online event. If you are a vacation rental owner or a property manager who is serious about mastering the shifts in the industry to grow your business, this is one conference that you do not want to miss out on.
If you want to get your ticket now, follow this link and get €50 off by entering the word RENTALSCALEUP as a coupon code.
A conference with a track record of delivering high-quality insights to attendees (the Davos of the vacation rental industry)
It is the 7th time that Antionio Bortolotti has been organizing The Vacation Rental World Summit (VRWS). The event has first taken place online and then moved to offline venues in Barcelona, Florence, in Como.
This is a conference where the top minds of the vacation rental industry gather and where speakers reveal never heard before facts, data, and tech solutions. For instance, during the 2019 edition:
- Booking.com introduced, as a world premiere, its groundbreaking quality score rating for short-term rentals. Attendees were able to hear it first and to ask questions about it.
- Vrbo revealed its new positioning as a family travel website. The company shared interesting data about its focus on larger entire properties, which helped attendees anticipate that Vrbo would be well-placed to benefit from the social distancing booking trends of summer 2020
- Data companies Transparent and Airdna rivaled to deliver thought-provoking studies based on actual market trends and property manager surveys, helping attendees measure themselves against their competitors when it came to distribution channels and technology adoption.
- Vacation rental owners and property managers took the stage to explain in full detail the actions they were taking to increase their number of bookings.
A curated experience for which only speakers of a high caliber qualify
The Vacation Rental World Summit conference is about delivering the best presentations possible. It starts with selecting speakers who have something valuable to say and know how to do share it.
Antonio Bortolotti, the organizer of the event, voluntarily limits the number of sessions over the 2-day conference. His goal is to allow attendees to have the time to actually watch all of the presentations (They are available for replay later as well).
It means that he has to carefully choose who is going to speaking, as he cannot allow some sessions to be a hit and some to be a miss, unlike at a larger conference. All speakers have been carefully vetted over the last 6 months. They have to deliver a brand new presentation dedicated to an international audience of vacation rental owners and property managers.
Here is a summary of the upcoming VRWS 2020 sessions. You can get the full program of Vacation Rental World Summit sessions and speakers here.
The State of Vacation Rental 2020: a Data-Based Approach – Trends, Patterns and Evolution in the COVID-19 Era (Pierre Becerril – Transparent)
Cottage Industry 3.0 – The Future of Hospitality is Coming Home (Matt Landau – VRMB.com)
Actionable Tips to Adapt to the New Travel Landscape (Alessandro Pacilio, Senior Product Marketing Manager, Booking.com)
Quality, Safety and Peace of Mind: 7 different approaches to creating a competitive advantage for vacation rentals, and what it means for owners and property managers. (Panel moderated by Alex Nigg, Founder, Properly, with Travis Riner, Head of Operations and Quality, Homes & Villas by Marriott International; Amy Hinote, Founder and Editor, VRMIntel; Lissa Terrel, Head of all Supply-Side Products for Vacation Rentals, Booking.com; Ruud Smeets, Chief Executive Officer at Traum-Ferienwohnungen GmbH & COO at OYO Vacation Homes.
VR Tech Competition: 3 start-ups on stage to Innovate our industry (led by Vanessa de Souza Lage)
How Vacation Rental Manager Needs Change Over Time (Terry Whyte, CEO, Anna Maria Island Beach Rentals Inc.; Wes Melton, Founder, Nokori; Matt Landau, Founder, VRMB)
How to Maximise Short-Term Rental Revenue in a Post-Covid World (Tom Caton, Chief Revenue Officer – AirDNA)
Attracting Today’s Traveler (Lisa Chen – Vice President, Global Lodging Connectivity & Solutions at Expedia Group)
Profitability vs Revenue: the road ahead for your business. (Simon Lehmann – Co-Founder and CEO, AJL Consulting)
Around the world in 80 protocols: a showcase of actionable best practices from around the world, well beyond Covid 19: what works, how to measure it, and how much it costs (Alex Nigg, Founder – Properly)
Building Confidence in Travel (Chris Stephenson – Senior Director HVMI)
Riding the Rollercoaster of a Pandemic (as a Property Manager)(Graham Donoghue – CEO, Sykes Holiday Cottages)
An eye for details that delivers high output quality, from video recordings to speaker presentation
Delivering actionable insights for attendees also has a lot to do with the work done behind the scenes by a conference organizer. The Vacation Rental World Summit is famous for asking its speakers to have ready the slides of their presentations several weeks ahead of the conference date. It is not always easy for busy speakers, but it allows Antonio to read every presentation ahead of time, to assess their quality, and to go back and ask for improvement in content or format if needed.
At Rental Scale-Up, we are the proud official media sponsor to Vacation Rental World Summit 2020. But we are also conference organizers. And some of us, such as Thibault Masson, have also been speakers at the past editions. We can vouch that Antonio’s eye for details pushes each speaker to deliver presentations that are among the best of their work.
This is an online conference steaming live, where sessions will be also be recorded and made available for online replay. Quality of recording is key. All of the past 6 editions of the Vacation Rental World Summit have been recorded, even the offline sessions. Antonio’s team is used to delivering on a complex technical level. For instance, in 2019, the conference was taking place in Lake Como, Italy, while being streamed live worldwide AND simultaneously translated into Italian. This year, the same tech team will be working backstage to deliver high video and audio quality.
What do you get with your Vacation Rental World Summit 2020 ticket?
- Attend all Sessions of the Vacation Rental World Summit from the comfort of your home – No session is concurrent, so you will truly get the most of the event.
- Ask your #1 Question in each session and get the answer in real time.
- Access all Recordings on Demand and For Life to watch at leisure.
- Engage with motivated and committed fellow peers to exchange ideas, tips, strategies and solutions.
- Meet Service Providers in Virtual Meeting Rooms ready to help you out streamlining your business.
- Access to a special “Surprise” contest, we’re launching among all attendees shortly after you register for VRWS20! The winner will get 2 tickets to attend VRWS2021 + a free weekend at either Casa Teulada in Sardinia, or The White House On Lake Maggiore in Italy.
- BONUS: Unlimited Lifetime Access to all VRWS2019 Recordings + MP3 audio files