Key Takeaways for Vacation Rental Managers:
- HomeToGo, the world’s largest vacation rental marketplace, is partnering with GetYourGuide, a leading online travel experience marketplace.
- The partnership was announced on October 17, 2023, and integrates GetYourGuide experiences into HomeToGo’s post-booking journey across all markets.
- Travelers can now see a selection of top attractions, tours, and activities in their destination within their HomeToGo booking details and post-booking email.
- This integration simplifies the travel planning process and allows HomeToGo users to discover GetYourGuide’s unique experiences seamlessly.
- For vacation rental managers, this partnership enhances the value of their service by offering travelers easy access to exciting local experiences, potentially boosting bookings and customer satisfaction.
- HomeToGo operates a marketplace for vacation rentals, uniting millions of travelers with numerous inventory suppliers, offering one of the most extensive accommodation options in the world.
- While HomeToGo SE’s registered office is in Luxembourg, HomeToGo GmbH’s headquarters is in Berlin, Germany. They operate localized apps and websites in 25 countries and are listed on the Frankfurt Stock Exchange as “HTG.
- GetYourGuide is the leading global online marketplace for travel experiences for booking unique activities in any destination, such as local-guided tours, culinary adventures, skip-the-line tickets, and exclusive bucket-list experiences.
- Currently offering over 118,000 activities from 18,000 experience creators, GetYourGuide has been used by travelers from 150+ countries to book more than 120 million tours, activities, and attraction tickets.
- The company’s headquarters are in Berlin, Germany, with 17 local offices worldwide.
- This partnership between HomeToGo and GetYourGuide is certainly a collaboration of mammoth proportions. Coupled with HomeToGo’s recent launch of AI modes, this offering will go quite the distance in helping HomeToGo offer a more comprehensive vacation package.
- The convenience of planning everything, from accommodation to activities, in one spot could potentially lead to increased bookings and perhaps encourage guests to extend their stay.
- What’s also interesting is that HomeToGo is leveraging the established offerings of GetYourGuide rather than creating its own experiences marketplace from scratch, a la Airbnb. This approach saves valuable time and effort that would typically be required to build such a marketplace. It not only benefits HomeToGo but also ensures that travelers have access to a tried-and-tested array of activities and experiences.
- It will also be intriguing to see if this collaboration opens the door for short-term rental managers to earn commissions or fees on activities booked via the platform. This could create an additional revenue stream, enhancing the economic viability of their operations.
- The partnership also holds the promise of providing rental managers with valuable data and insights into traveler preferences. This data can be a goldmine for these managers, helping them tailor their offerings to meet evolving demand more effectively. It can provide a deeper understanding of what activities and experiences are most appealing to their guests, allowing them to fine-tune their offerings for a more personalized and memorable guest experience.
Key Takeaways for Vacation Rental Managers:
- Canadian loyalty program AIR MILES has partnered with Expedia Group to provide its members access to Expedia Group’s global lodging supply of 700,000 hotels and vacation rental properties for package and standalone bookings.
- The partnership aims to enhance rewards for the nearly ten million active AIR MILES accounts, allowing them to earn more Reward Miles from their travel bookings.
- The collaboration boosts the value proposition of the AIR MILES Reward Program and offers a wider range of accommodation options to its collectors.
- The new platform, part of several enhancements since being acquired by the Bank of Montreal, also introduces new flexible payment options and an improved earning mechanism for Miles.
- Expedia Group’s Rapid API will facilitate seamless integration of global lodging supplies into AIR MILES’ website and business operations.
- The partnership positions Expedia Group as a trusted travel technology provider for financial institutions globally, including those with integrated loyalty programs.
- Expedia Group’s research has shown that 85% of leisure travelers are interested in using travel rewards across trip elements over the next year, and 77% want the flexibility to apply rewards to any individual trip element.
About AIR MILES:
- A popular Canadian loyalty program with over 10 million users that allows people to earn reward miles by shopping at various brands and businesses, which can be used for things like travel, merchandise, and cash rewards.
About Expedia Group:
- A company that provides a platform for booking travel accommodations like hotels and vacation rentals. They also offer technology solutions to partners in the travel industry.
- Some of the popular Expedia Group brands include Expedia, Hotels.com, Trivago, and others. Vrbo is Expedia Group’s vacation rental brand.
- It’s worth noting that this collaboration stands apart from Expedia Group’s own One Key rewards program, which customers can leverage across its multitude of brands.
- The alliance with AIR MILES opens doors for vacation rental property owners and hosts listing on Vrbo to tap into AIR MILES’ user base of 10 million. Essentially, it offers an additional audience to reach, thereby amplifying their visibility and potential bookings.
- From a technological perspective, Expedia Group has demonstrated innovative use of its tech stack. The transition of its Vrbo brand to the Expedia Group’s platform was a strategic move that allowed property managers, owners, and travelers to benefit from the One Key rewards program.
- Now, with the AIR MILES partnership, Expedia Group is leveraging its tech stack further, aiming for wider distribution and reach of its listings at scale.
Key Takeaways for Vacation Rental Managers:
- Middleton Castle, a 600-year-old fortress in Norfolk, is now available for short-term rental through ALTIDO, a European property management company.
- The castle, built during the reign of Henry VI, is open to tourists for the first time, providing a unique accommodation option for vacation rental managers.
- The property can be rented for days, weeks, or months, with accommodation that includes two separate cottages — The Lodge and Keepers Cottage — making it suitable for large groups, corporate retreats, weddings, or individuals seeking a royal experience.
- Guests will enjoy modern comforts within a historic setting, including freestanding baths, a billiards room, summer house, croquet lawn, and a sweeping driveway, with exclusive use of the estate ensuring total privacy.
- The addition of Middleton Castle expands ALTIDO’s portfolio of landmark properties, demonstrating the company’s commitment to offering unique, high-quality accommodation options.
- ALTIDO CEO, Will Parry, emphasizes the company’s dedication to blending modern hospitality with historic charm, promising a luxurious, secluded retreat for guests.
- Founded through a merger of four leading European property managers in 2019, ALTIDO manages over 2,500 properties across Europe and is part of the DoveVivo group.
- DoveVivo, a residential management platform with a portfolio of 4,000 units across six countries, offers a comprehensive property management solution for private and institutional owners, further enhancing the range of services available to vacation rental managers.
- In a world where experiences are valued over possessions, heritage travel offers something truly unique: a connection to the past. It’s not just about staying in a historic building; it’s about experiencing the stories, traditions, and culture that come with it.
- Just a few weeks ago, ALTIDO added the Westminster Fire Station to its portfolio, expanding its offerings in London. Now, with the addition of Middleton Castle, ALTIDO is further solidifying its position in the heritage travel sector.
- Heritage travel holds a lot of promise as a niche in short-term rentals, appealing to those who are looking for more than just a bed for the night. It goes beyond just offering a unique place to stay. Heritage travel also caters to the growing interest in genealogy. For many, tracing their family history is a deeply personal journey, and staying in accommodations that reflect their ancestors’ experiences can add another layer to their exploration.
- This is precisely the positioning of Storied Collection, a heritage travel platform, which focuses on offering accommodations in historic properties. By following a similar path, ALTIDO is not just providing a service; it’s creating memorable experiences for its customers and contributing to the preservation of important historical sites.